Thursday, July 30, 2009

legends of the fall

I consider myself to be a very stable person. Especially, physically.

My ‘centre of gravity’ aka ‘centre of mass’ is low. Imagine a hippo, compare her to a gangly giraffe. Hippos have low centre of gravity, COG (pigs centre is just as low, but I would rather not likened myself to a pig - lest someone sneezes). Giraffes on the other hand, have higher COG. A race car is more stable than a double-decker bus, thus why you race lowered cars and not busses in F1s. Low COG promises better stability for maneuvering and speeding ease. This is the law of physics, don’t dispute it.

My shape is one that is stable too. Compare a pyramid to a cylinder. Same height but different in shape. Because of the big base, pyramids don’t flip whereas cylinders do. Blow hurricanes at me, I will stand still and steady. Blow kisses at skinny winny lollipop of a woman, she might fly away. This is the law of physics too.
Stability in stature. That’s me. There are other words to describe it of course, ‘short and fat’ for example. But where’s the art in ‘short and fat’, right?
Stability in stature.

Just a few weeks back, this stable structure of a me, defied physics. I fell down. Yes.

We were at Giant of Shah Alam, near the stadium. At the parking lot, me in my baju kurung and heels, just flipped and fell down. Many years ago, me falling down was probably a sight to rejoice in. It could still pass as a pretty sight. But at 39 years old and 58kg overweight? A lot of people were horrified at the mere sight of me sprawled on the ground. I cringe to think how many of them would be so traumatized by that ugly sight, they probably had nightmares for many endless nights, became depressed, turned to drugs and ended up as candidates for the next pilihanraya umum.

Yamtuan rushed to help me up. Sun sobbed into my skirt. Tiga had frowns etched on her forehead. Dot went white.

Sakit? Yamtuan asked.

Not really, I have natural absorbers all around to cushion my fall.

The kids went all solemn and quiet, even Tiga – for about 5 minutes. Yamtuan was all sympathy and worry – for about 10 minutes.

Then they all laughed at me.

Sheeesh.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

Salam

Hehehe...at least the family was concerned about your well-being at first...though it didn't last...hehehe. Mine would probably do the same!

3:56 AM  
Blogger dith said...

Ood,

If you are as stable as a pyramid as you claimed, how come the fall? Unless the pyramid was standing on it's apex, hehe

This reminds me of the time I fell in front of many men in a dinner function. It was so embarrassing that I almost looked down and hid my face.Hubby rushed to pick me up and he held my hand like a kid, hehe. Talk about nangka busuk

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

selalunya baca aje. tak terpanggil pun nak komen apa-apa. But THIS I can't resist.
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHahaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa...
Adui! Sakit perut i!
Kakak hang the Along

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... meaning theoretically anything like high heel can make a pyramid fall. But, pyramid stays.It doesn't move.

What the hack .... kah kah kah

GIANT

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oody,

Next time you go for grocery shopping, put on sandal or slippers :-D.

At your age,a fall can be dangerous as bones get more brittle as you get older.This is especially so for ladies.You go for an x-ray to check if there are any fractures.


Rgds,

KNA

12:38 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

Hahaha! Funny lah you!

TEringat masa I fell into a tong sampah bum first during uni days, in baju kebaya (it was a hari raya photo session). Well at least those days I could actually fit into the tong sampah!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Sizuka said...

dear odd, i would like to link ur blog with mine, if that's ok with u. i love reading ur entries (baru baca few tho).. hehe

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ood,

You should meet my friend (kJ)..imbalance is her second name..she will just fall..anywhere at anytime..for no reasons at all..

I'm sure what you have gone through is nothing compared to hers..

U should be blessed..

-Eyna_md-

3:44 AM  
Blogger AZ at Work said...

Hi,

Just found ur blog by googling Adam Ahmad.U made an entry abt him on 25/7/05.That was 4 yrs ago. :D

Really interesting story and did u manage to find his album finally?

Why suddenly I thot of him because he appears in Melodi last Sunday.huhu. Banyak kenangan tu. Do drop by my blog ok.;)

KA

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ina,
easiest to laugh with them too :)

Dith,
itu lah. Pyramids must never walk on stilts. As kids, we fall often, as adults, very rarely it becomes such important historical event!

The Ah Long,
tak baik tau.
rasa macam nak tepuk tanah stail orang kg kelantan untuk mengirim sumpahan biar hang kena benda yang sama... nasib baik puasa.

GIANT,
you know i dont go near you anymore lest people there remember the day the earth was shaken!

KNA,
at what you say, MY age? MY age?
My age is no age lah... i am not getting older, i am merely getting mellower.

Anedra,
fell into a tong sampah? Wow... that certainly tops it, babe! You can still fit into one lah chicky, i wouldnt recommend it tho.

Sizuka,
sure! i merepek a lot, i am sure you know.

Eyna MD
it's not a medical condition, i hope, your friend tu.
If she wants to set up a club, tell her i will be a lifemember.

KA,
oh-wow, that long ago? I have blogged for that long? How sad! :)
that particular piece made me sound very much like a sick sick stalker. Adam Ahmad, if he read that, would probably get restraining order against me! hahah

a friend from UK emailed me the complete MP3 of both albums after that posting. I still listen to him. Certainly transports me back to being 13! You want them?

OODY

1:43 AM  
Blogger AZ at Work said...

oody,yes please.Can I have the mp3.It will really make my day.My email address aidid5@yahoo.com :D

I baru teringat nk stalker him back tapi cm seganlah pulak makcik2 cuba carik dia.hahahaha

U should see him now.huhu lots of different lah.What do u expect bila dh umur meningkat kannn.

KA

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home