Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ibu Mithali

Mak kuat makan. Kuuuuusemangat dia. Apa yang tak sedap? Semua pon sedap.

Anak-anaknya pulak, kurus kecik kenot. Especially Dot. It is so difficult to make her eat.

Conclusion: when it comes to eating habits, my kids dont follow my way.
One day, at the dining table.

Everybody else had finished eating except for Dot. Sun and Yamtuan were already upstairs - ready for naps. There i was waiting around for her to finish eating and she was toying with her food and kept telling me that she had had enough (Yeah, right). Tiga was getting cranky because she wanted to nap too.

I was getting annoyed because i thought i was as deserving a nap as any of my boys and Dot was keeping me away from what i wanted.

And so i started to mengungkit. Didnt I always get her everything she wanted? Books, toys, clothes? Nak tidur kat hotel lah, nak pergi berjalan lah.. all she asked, i gave, didnt i? And we were going to Langkawi this school holiday where my kids would get their first taste of flying (albeit AirASia). Nak naik kapalterbang pon nak bawak dah minggu depan ni, i said. Mahal tau.

I only asked her to eat, was that such a difficult thing for her to do?

And i left her, carried Tiga with me upstairs.

Dot cried. Tetap tidak menghabiskan nasinya.

Later, i was in my bedroom. Tiga sleeping, Sun sleeping. Yamtuan and me were watching DVD- there was a knock at our door.

Dot came in and handed me a package- something wrapped in purple A4 paper. Written on it was 'ini duit untuk kapalterbang' and inside was RM62 from her tabung.

Cheh! tang drama, tang ego, nak pulak mencontohi ibunya.

Conclusion: when it comes to drama, carbon copy.
Ibunya sedikit malu lah. Sorry ya, baby?

Moral of the story - tak baik mengungkit.

Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Uncle ZT said...

Tersentuh hati bila baca dia bagi duit utk duit kapalterbang... My daughter, klu diungkit2 mcm tuh, she will also ungkit...

Budak2 sekarang...

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must let her meet Hanis.
They so think alike.
Just yesterday Hanis gave me her RM2 because i ungkit buying her bicycle when she didn't want to do her homework.

p.s. Dot has grown into a beautiful girl. We MUST meet again

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oody,

Is this a true story or something you pirated from a drama minggu ini episode?

This reminds me of a dialogue in last night's CSI,"I am telling you the truth although it never happened" or something to the effect.Hehehehehe!!!

Btw,Dot might remember this later in life and discover AirAsia's fare are not that expensive or maybe she already knew and that is why she gave you on RM62.00.


Rgds,

KNA

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oody,

Typing error.

Only RM62.00 and not as typed earlier.


Rgds,

KNA

3:11 AM  
Blogger dith said...

Dot is so pretty...macam mak jugak ke?

8:40 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

dear uncle,
I was affected too. Sometimes i do tend to forget that my kids are capable of kecilhati as much as i do. I shouldnt have said what i said.

KJ,
It has been a while since i last see you here! we do tend to have similar experience at about the same time kan? Losing our purses, is one. if your hanis meets my Dot, God help us, they'll be exchanging notes and probably set up trust fund to return back all that we ungkit on them!

Bro KNA,
Pirated? Where can lah :D! I did watch that episode of csi and thought, what a lame punchline.
err... The airasia ticket is worse than rm62, it actually is 0 cost to me, it is funded by my office's kelab rekreasi. Terrible mother me.

DITH,
I can probably score some points here if i say she's pretty as the father (in case the father reads this), hehe... Never mind the truth!

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madame

As the boss-wannabe, i dont intend to pass the remark for ur domestic behavior.

But if i said i do expect the same return for the amount of monetary value that we hv given when u cudnt meet our target, wud u returm back Gambar Agung, Gambar Queen Eli, Gambar G. Washington that we initially forwarded to ur purse?

Boss-wannabe

2:45 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

Hehe! Siapla mak dia kalau drama queen carbon copy!

And my my oody..when was the last time I saw her?? She's grown! And cantik sangat!

Kisses to dot, sun and tiga. Oh yes, and the omak too!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

Mak tetap Mak laa kaan.

Anak tak nak makan.
Mak susah hati.
Anak lebih makan.
Mak pun susah hati.

Kalau biar bapak dia jaga.
Lantaklaa.
Anak tak nak makan,
lantak laa korang.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Salam OOD,

Stumbled upon your blog through Hjh Esah's blog. Got hooked and I've just finished reading all your entries. Keep on writing! can I link your blog to mine? Tq

9:55 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Dear Boss Wannabe,
tak baik mengungkit tau.
The many notes with leaders heads printed on them, deposited into employee-wannabees purse are best forgiven and forgotten :D
in previous posting, i thought i could guess who you were, now i am not so sure. Hope you are not my REAL boss though. You are not hime, right? If yes, aiyoh, die.

Anedra,
hey, Krispy Kreme launched oredi. Some non-fan won the whole year free supply. Life is cruel, no?
We really should meet up soon. Dont la come to KL on the days i go to Serdang!

Jokontan,
hehehe..

betulbetulbetul
tak makan tak risau
kuat makan tak risau
apa-apa pon abah2 tak risau
abah tak risau, mak tambah risau
mak memang jururisau
betulbetulbetul?

Ina,
if you are not my boss, sure, let's get linked! I merepek a lot though.
I think Hjh Esah is pretty kewl too.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home