Sunday, July 05, 2009

Hips Dont Lie - Try as they might

I moved into this neighborhood last deepavali, so quite recent. From apartment living to terrace house living. I maintain my way of being friendly with neighbors, send them a bit of my cookings - the rare occassions when i venture into the kitchen. Sometimes i send them fruits or whatever else - but always food.

My neighbors are a weird lot though. Very rarely, they send me food. Wendy gave me hangers (to hang clothes!) and evita peron hair clips. Practical gifts, thank you, but i thought it funny still.

Lily, another neighbor went to Langkawi and instead of buying us gamat products, she bought for yamtuan and Sun shirts, dresses for Tiga and Dot, and a blouse for me. 5 garments in total. Elaborate is one thing but i also feel it odd that you should give someone you barely know such personal items. I mean, come on, to give anyone shirts, you need to know their size. Or at least able to guess their size. I dont exactly fancy the idea of someone other than family or close friends to size me up that way. She bought me an M. At least she guessed right. If it was an XL, i would be offended, as XL as i may be.

Yamtuan and me had a big laugh over it though. Maybe this is the new age of neighborhood. What do we know, right? One day shirts, next day undies, how? we said and laughed.

Well, while it didnt exactly happen the next day, Wendy came over last two weekends and asked me my hip size. Yes, my HIP size. I may be a hippy at heart, but no, i dont go around sharing my hip size with neighbors. Why, i asked her, bewildered at the absurdity of her question. Oh, she handed me a package. There were three panties in it. Black, nude and white. Satinny material, trimmed with laces. Beautiful. Sexy. But two sizes too big. said, she bought them in Australia, brand new of course, tags were still intact.

How could i say no to the beaming Wendy. She was so sure she guessed my size right. But halo, TWO sizes too big! She so needed to get her vision corrected.

Later that night, i tried one on. Mother of all Alamaks, it fit me perfectly. Definitely my size.

Hmmmm...

Bring out the celery sticks!

9 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

hehehehehehehehe......

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Dear OOD,

3 helai tu... hehehe

9:58 PM  
Blogger dith said...

Ood...what can I say but you've got the new age neighbours....mine still at the stage of giving pisang and telur ayam kampung, hehe

Frankly Ood, it must be YOU that they find it at ease in giving such stuffs, hehe

...and certainly hips don't lie, haha

1:32 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

anedra,
Dare we still go to krispy kreme?

Ina,
I look forward to getting cermin mata kain from her.

Dith,
Maybe the cutting lah. I cant possibly be THAT size ( in denial). Maybe my neighbors dont send us food because they see how i shouldnt.

11:47 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

Krispy Kreme jom!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Desert Rose said...

Waaaaaahahaaa *nangis dalam gelak

BTW,ada kosong ke lagi kat deret rumah u???? Neighbour I asyik kasi cekodok, goreng pisang, cekodot, grg pisang...nak gak panties renda2 awww

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Madam Oody,

This new age neighbours,. hmmm., I call them hybrid neighbours or fusion neighbours.

It's just new fusion ways of doing things.

Just like Nasi lemak with Parmesan Cheese ? OK dok ?




(heeeeee accept it ajer laa.. woops)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Oody,

I am afraid the celery sticks are a little too late.

At your age,the extras have a way of stubbornly clinging to your body.Diet and exercise may get rid of the extras for a while but then they will come back with a vengeance once you forget about them :-P.

BTW,what is your hip size?Hahahaha!!


Rgds,

KNA

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home