Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lost in Space

Lately I have been doing a lot of presentations for the company – seminars, forums, conferences. Nothing fancy, just some usual marketing talk.

This morning, after a session at UTM, I dropped by at Yowchuan Plaza to draw out some moolah. I checked my account and to my disappointment found only my usual amount of money in it. No millions. Which baffled me. How can?

Our space tourist, Datuk Wira Negara , is also under the same ministry as I am, same boss. People invite him for talks because of the experience and knowledge that he has (I think). His experience in space travel was funded by his sponsors – the ministry (taxpayers’ money) with public consent (votes Malaysian Idol style kan?). I get invited because of my company, which is owned by that same ministry. My knowledge in the subject is more or less public-funded too. Doing marketing, for the company – giving talks and such, is part of my job. I thought, motivating fellow rakyat, kids especially and reminding them of the BOLEH (translated as ‘can’ or ‘can do’?) spirit is part of his job – being glorified national hero and all that.

He gives talk. I give talk too.

He reportedly has millions from giving talks. I know for a fact, that I don’t have millions from giving talks or even from giving anything of me at all!

What am I missing here?

Because he has been to space is it? Big deal. You think I haven’t? I go spacey so often my head is light and giddy all the time!

You think maybe because he is prettier than me?

Next ceramah I give, you think maybe I shouldn’t part my hair in the middle anymore? I want my millions!

Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Desert Rose said...

Enuff say......hmmmmmm. So I heard now he (his dad tarher) demanded him to be cauffered driven.Oh my. If that amount iof money paid to him is to be given to Pusat2 zakat nationwide, just think how many unfortunate students could continue theie studies and how many homeless would be blessed with proper homes??????

5:55 PM  
Blogger tajudin said...

kak

some people prefer to give talks no matter how much money to be paid. ikut iklas la...

some prefer money talk. no money no talk.

some people really need money but cannot talk.

some people have so much money & have so many things to talk, but no one invited......

ntah la...

11:06 PM  
Blogger elisataufik said...

takpe ood, your millions are in that other account..
Insya-Allah :)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

OOd, i have been to 'space' and back - still no millions after a talk. I get lots of offers - millions being offered to me by generous people from the OUGOUDUGUDO or whatever banks everyday. There are so many generous people. will introduce some to you.

7:51 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

Desert Rose,
i headr from certain quarters that the million-claims are a slander to make him look bad so as to promote the second guy
certain other quarters said, dia memang macam tu.
Dont know lah!

Kudin YB,
do you have so much money and things to talk about? come, i can invite you and YOU pay US for inviting you, duit banyak kan? makan tak habis kan?

elisataufik,
:)
ameeeen

kak teh,
please do.
the OUGOUDUGUDO tu tipulah kakteh, unless they are royals? kalau royal, itu REAL.
Lottery wins are REAL too.
Share some with me next time okay ;D

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home