Monday, March 10, 2008

Not Straight

I am not straight. Having said that, I need to tell you that I am not gay either. How to be gay when I am crooked, I ask you?

Just that, I have been coughing for 3 months now. What with me being allergic to penicillin-group of antibiotics plus being pregnant leave the doctor limited choices of medications to prescribe to me. The cough has gotten so bad that the chest, back and stomach hurt like nobody’s business. Yesterday morning, a huge cough came and I could hear/feel something in my back went pop. I kid you not. Pop like a champagne cork. And this time, i am not exaggerating at all. Cough till my back exploded. The pain? Excruciating. For a good few minutes, I was paralysed. Couldn’t move. White searing pain. Breathing hurts. Moving hurts.

And so today, I am not straight. I am crooked. Bent. I am the hunchback from gua hantu!

Went for check-up just now and looks like the baby will be delivered early. Instead of 27 March, doctor said let’s do it on 24 March. Sorry Kak Jasmin, doctor refused to do it on 7th. Anedra told me that 24 March is Kak Teh’s birthday. Then, may my kid be as good a writer as Kak Teh is!

Dot wants to name the baby Maria Barbie. Sun wants the baby be called Maria Tiga (as in Ultraman Tiga). Tough choices!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

24th March?? 24th March?? Hmmm someone tells me its a good date. All good and sane people (with little itsy bitsy problems with left and right, spoonerism and malaprism only) otherwise pefrect!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Makji Esah said...

Name....the name....Mona Gersang?

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

writer's better than architect huh?! ....oklah...who can deny kak teh's talent.

anyway...if i can't have my birthdate...can i blackmail u into using my name?

rest well ok!

kJ

6:58 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

oh kakteh,
i was fine with 24th until you remind me of your left-right problem. My poor kid! Tell me what time u were born!

Hjh EJ,
Mona Gersang? Po tu (kura-kura tidak tahu..)? Nancy Drew tau lah.

KJ,
blackmail not necessary. She'll be MJ.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

hey ood, what is a little confusion between left and right? and what's the problem with spoorenism? It makes one rather cute, what! And I can assure you am as straight as Mr Bean.

KJ, missed you when we were there but I think someone brought a certain something for us to sign for you know who, who is not straight now. Keep well dear, i need a hug from youthis time.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Theta said...

Rest well Ood!

24 March? That's a great date I concur.

Since my daughter's 24th February, anyone's born on the 24 of ANY month is fine by me. ;)

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ood, good luck for your 24th date. rest well and jaga your back baik-baik. with the baby.... you'll need 2 b as straight as can be....
-shidah-

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

wow....congrats in advance just in case i dont catch ur posting in time, like always.

name the baby Ely Maria lah hehehe.

u're always on my mind my dear, huggs

10:22 AM  
Blogger Tigress said...

Oh no. Backpain is no joke, dearie! If u're considering epidural, it can triple the pain. Warm bath soaks (the hotter the better) n lots n lots of cushions are a must. Gotta also take care of the cough, another back killer! Aiyo... how to help ni. Save for u coming to the spa for a relieving back massage, I can only wish u all the luck. Think of happy Peter Pan thots. And don't worry. U'll do just fine.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

She will be MJ.

Maria Jarjis or Maria Jamaluddin. And that with double d tauuu.

Gooooood Luck May God Make it easy-er this time around !

1:53 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

kak teh,
i have no doubt whatsoever as to how straight and lurus you are. 24th it will be then!

theta,
thank you! 24th and a Monday! Err... Mondays are good too right? The Prophet wa born on a Monday...

shidah,
my back is back to okay. The cough remains though. I cringe to think how painful it will be to cough when i have stitches... yikes!

ely,
can you blow some kisses down here for my baby? So she'll be as buttony cute a your preciouss. Love you, ely.

tigress,
going to you for back rub is definitely out of the question now. Still got tonnnnnnnes to do, will have load of homework to finish up this weekend. And since i dont have Mak to care for me during pantang this time, this weekend will be a weekend of cooking for confinement food. Yamtuan has been trained to work with the microwave.

Think happy Peter Pan thoughts? Once they drug me, i think that will be easy peasy! Load me up!

Bro Jo,
waitttttt a minute. Jamaluddin Jarjis is from Pahang - like you. And you are a Jo. Hmmm... is it possible that you are THE Dato Sri himself?

Maaf ya Dato' Sri... tak pegi menembak rusa weekend ni? Mesyuarat kabinet dah tak payah pegi, free lah yek? Hehehe...

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home