Monday, November 21, 2005

XM Fever!!

Are the exams over yet? SPM?

I know the universities are still pretty much under curfew. Decent looking young humanlings are walking around in daze and so tensed you can pluck them strings and make angry music and they wont even realize it.

Oooh I just love the exams! As a student in secondary school I was too busy playing to remember much about the exams. I remember that I did super-badly in Physics and my Add Maths was stuff made for horror movies.

For some reasons I always do well in the second year of anything, my worstwill be in the third year and then things will start picking up after that.

Examples.

Standard 1, I was first in class every term. Standard 2, I was nombor belas belas. Standard 3 onwards, stabilise at top three (this I exaggerate of course).

Form 1, okay okay okay. Form 2, failed in Maths or Bahasa I cant remember so overall grade was S (or something as bad, F? Cant remember). Form 3 onwards okay again.

ITM Part 1, I almost made it to the dean’s list. Part 2, I almost made it to the black list, so bad was the results! It still gives me the shivers!
Part 3 onwards okay again.

The trend continued throughout UTM and UM.

My marriage was all roses without the thorns in the first year. Second year was a bit thorny but there were roses just the same which is perfectly normal isn’t it? I expected a bed of thorns but it didn’t happen. So maybe the spell has finally been broken?

Exam weeks are weeks you will find me at my most serabut. I will not walk, I run. Because every minute matters. So, go toilet, I run. Go eat, if I eat at all, I will run. I do everything, ‘on the run’. I also will not talk to anyone. You want to tell me anything, aiyah.. pay lah since my time is so precious. There was this one time, I wasn’t told that the exam schedule was changed. Why, because of my temporary-reclusivity. You must undertand, I only spend the final few weeks studying, thus why the haste to cram everything into my peanut-sized brain all at once. Not an easy job, I promise you. Especially since my brain is not very inflatable. My skin is, though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
But despite the serabut-ness exams will make me, I always go to exam halls all glittering and made up nicely. I will be at my best-looking. No jeans and t-shirt for me, oh-no. I will wear my best baju kurung with face and hair all done up real nicely. ‘The better you look, the better you will feel’ is a slogan I saw on the bag of one Zuhaini, a girl I knew from schooldays who was the first girl to ‘come of age’. I was 13, I got impressed rather easily at that age and so was very inspired by her motto! Ha ha..so I always dress to kill for exams. The more death I caused, the better!

And and… I must always sit at tables with number nine. There must be the lucky number or I would not do well. Table number 27 is still okay because 2 + 7 makes 9. So will tables 54 and 18, geddit? If the paper falls on a date with number nine, OMG, I will score big time! Why I think 9 is my lucky number is a mystery to me too.

Ohhh, I miss exams. Maybe I will register for SPM again next year. But maybe only after i graduate from Driving School.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak ood, sudah mula ka itu pusing2 dengan itu kancil?? ;)

11:35 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Esok bila dah graduate tu makin panjang lah kaki itu no?

Tak pe bila kita datang KL nanti boleh drive me to lunch.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dey makcik, bila lagi nak lulus itu driving test? Hope you can drive soon. Miss you!

1:21 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

Untuk ujian bertulis tu, ada soalan bocor tak? takkan nak bawak masuk toyol pulak kan?

1:31 AM  
Blogger hana_kirana said...

Ya Allah, ujian bertulis bawak toyol??? ahahahahahahaha.........

hey wait a minute.

kengkununnye kan, sekarang ni susah nak dapat lesen pasal 'diorang' limitkan jumlah lesen yang nak dikeluarkan pada satu2 masa. so, make sure u sit the exam on the ada ong punya hari. mebbe on the 9 or 18 or 27.

tapi serius la. i thot i was the only one yang cacat kene sumpah dengan 'do well in the second year of anything, my worstwill be in the third year and then things will start picking up after that.'

2:15 AM  
Blogger dith said...

Don't worry, I also last minute study one! Cram everything in the 11th hour...very bad habit huh...never let our kids do the same eh.

Also Insyallah you will pass your driving test with flying colors but make sure it's on the 9th ok!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Jo Kontan said...

Oody,

Toyol no toyol, for sure you gonna make it, first time kaan..

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kalau setakat driving test, no need toyol lah girl..just have some extra teh tarik money with you. The concept of "giving and getting in return" very much applies! lepas tu, kalu senyum ada sikit manja, campur ada sikit buat-buat gatal pun ok jugak eh? sonang jo!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Suriya said...

Rabbana ma'ak Ood(God be with you)

6:02 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

the last test i had was called the 'Office Harrassment Test' done at work. I cant remember the exams and tests that i went thru since primary 1.

maybe next test will be the 'Pregnancy Test'....amaciam?????????

9:55 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

ood: bawak dadu - yang ada nombor 9 aka 6 terbalik. ada connection jugak kan? get it?

10:22 PM  
Blogger SimplyMas said...

No matter how much I tried, I can never get it! Exams just makes me a nervous wreck! Doesn't matter what exams!!!

4:24 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

make sure you ask the driving instructor to get you a car with a number 9 plate.

good luck..nanti boleh bawak we all ronda2 eh?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Awang Goneng said...

Dear OOD,
I suppose you expect me to confirm that it was so in your day. Can't do so I'm afraid, I was only about 2 then. ;¬)

Much love.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haiyoh this girl! no update? what do you want me to do? send u a summons??

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ood..

the written test tu peanuts la :-P ... hehehe.. i remember when i did mine, mlm tu i was cramming all the syllabus in the buku text given.. hafal jawapan ;-) hehehe

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home