Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mengantuk

Last night Sun decided that 'naps' are just as good as 'sleep'. So he went to bed at 10, took a quick nap and woke up at 2 am all geared up to play again. According to him, lying on his back with a toy is NOT playing. Climbing, and standing are okay. And a toy is only interesting and worthy of attention for about two seconds only. Oh and forbidden items like mommy's handphone, her owl-glasses or ubat nyamuk are the best of toys.

And so I wasn’t able to sleep, because he kept going to the edge of the bed or climbed on me to get to the FORBIDDEN bedside table. That was 2 am.

3 am.
He was still clambering all over the place. I was oh-so-tired. Slapped his pampers-ed butt and he howled back angrily but no, his mind was set. Playtime meant, playtime.

4 am.
I woke up Yamtuan. I had cooking to do. Glad to have chores in the kitchen. I promise you looking after a wriggly Sun can deplete all your ramadhan pahalas (not that i have a lot to begin with). From the kitchen I could hear Yamtuan fighting with the Sun. Sukahati lah!

4.30 am.
The fighting got rowdier. Huh! Boys! A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. So I wrestled Yamtuan Senior off Junior. Distract the little one with his usual emmm…, milk pot. Thank God he fell asleep, but not before I did!

5 am.
Yamtuan woke me up.
‘sahur! sahur!’
And we ate nasi with sambal sadin and sayur timun. And had our usual mug of teh tarik. Yamtuan watched a bit of football and soon conked out. I cooked lempeng bersambal for mak, cleared the kitchen, did laundry and ironing, repaired a pair of slacks (too long), mopped the floors etc. By the time I was done it was 6.30.

6.30 am
Woke up Yamtuan. Showered (not together of course, puasa kan?), siap-siap, woke the kids up (great satisfaction when waking up Sun, padan muka, nyet-nyet-nyett.. :op kacau tidur orang lagi!) and went to work.

1000 am.
This one O&G company did a presentation. I was SO sleepy throughout. Trying hard not to doze off by writing notes. Concentrate. Concentrate.

Now.
Reading back my notes, aiyoh, like a drunkard!

~ Authorised capital increased to RM 10 mill. Paid up is RM 5 mill.
~ I am so mengantuk it is not even funny.

~ Average usage is 3 to 78 christmas trees per platform.

~ Technology requested will splat all over toilets.

~ Christmas tree and Uncle Tom is sad. (whoa!.. I am currently reading Uncle Tom’s Cabin)
~ Girls finding comfort with each other call me please.
~ Lone leeeee, I am so lone leeeee, I have no bod eeeeeeeee

There were more lines but that is what they are, lines, uintelligible handwriting. Not even James Bond can crack the code. I must have been brain-asleep as i wrote all that! So how am I gonna goreng a report of that presentation to boss?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahha...
ood... i remember masa masa zaman sekolah menengah, during add maths classes.. it was baaaaad.. coreng coreng.. conteng conteng je.. how la like dat.. i think it is a compulsory thing to fall asleep during add classes..
why aaa...hehehhe
nyways... hope your mum is getting better

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I cooked lempeng bersambal for mak, cleared the kitchen, did laundry and ironing, repaired a pair of slacks (too long), mopped the floors" ---- WOW!! mesti cam super duper ood!

goreng jgn tak goreng, asal tak hangus sudah!

10:11 PM  
Blogger dith said...

Ood- i admire your zest. You are so full of energy. May Allah swt bless you!

What to report to boss since you can't decipher the shorter than short hand notes? Well, knowing you, cooking up something with your never ending wittiness will definitely impress him anytime!

10:27 PM  
Blogger AHM said...

sis, tak amik maid ka? wahh i really admire your energy. Minum power root ke sis?

10:37 PM  
Blogger hana_kirana said...

alah, sure boleh nye goreng report tu. akak kan terer menggoreng..?

hehehe

Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin... *salam, salam*

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ood, I am completely amazed at your zest in life! You only prove to me that mummies are meant to be superman! I think they thought wrong when they put man to act as a superman...what do you reckon? wake up wake up, I am talking to you!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

If I had done ALL that you did, then I would have pengsan already..bukan je mengantuk!! YuPP! U are the Superwoman or was it Cat WOman u said you are!

As for the notes, I betcha..even if u put in the Uncle Tom's Cabin, Loneleeee etc, Boss wouldnt notice. Bukannya depa baca..Depa lagi ngantuk!! heheh!

1:32 AM  
Blogger MA said...

Ood :

Do as I do. Invest in a tape recorder (the kind that journalist do). Then you can sleep with your eyes open during meetings :-)

1:55 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

goreng your way, flash some undies (like you did during interview) mesti lepas punya....unless u dah jual the ong undie la :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Suriya said...

Wow what a full day ...phew I could not do the same !

3:25 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

wow ood! In a few years' time, the kids will all grow up and you'll get to sleep through the night. Unless you become insomniac.

I too used to have a tape recorder as a constant companion & used it when the situation permitted. Now ada handphones/smartphones lagi canggih - nobody will even notice you using it (but make sure dapat permission dulu).

3:50 AM  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Odd,

Selamat hari raya & maaf sekiranya terkasar bahasa & tersalah bicara.

You really have a lot of energy!!

Pray that your mom will get better soon.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

hehehe, and u didnt tell me that u were as sleepy as me when we were chatting!

yup u sure have tonnes of energy!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

I can't find the time to read this post yet, so am just here to say:

Salam Aidilfitri to OOD sekeluarga. Maaf zahir & batin! :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

ariel,
add maths never make sense to me. Dalam BM ka, BI ka, bahasa sanskrit ka or mere coreng-coreng conteng conteng language, i sure tak paham punya!

Kita geng lah, pengikut fahaman Tak Faham Add Maths.

mak is getting better, thanks dear.

Nohachomel,
kalau lempeng boleh ku goreng, report pon sure boleh ya?

Dr House,
what zest? Where got!
Anyhoe, report ready. Boleh lah kot (harap2)...

Linda,
kalau ambik power root takde lah tengkuk terkulai during the presentation! haha..

nana nur gaya,
salam salam..
nanti minggu depan kita salam betul2 ek?

anonymous,
zzz.... oi tak baik kaco org tidor!
:o)

anedra,
can put in report but maybe i should remove the part about girls comforting each other ya? It sounds weird lah. Uncle Tom sad okay lagi.

mak andeh,
good idea! Never tot of it. Ok, next meeting i'll be more gadgeted.

shidah,
tak terlintas pon nak jual the ong undies, biar berapa mahal pon orang bid! I want to wariskan to my anak cucu.

nurelhuda,
my hubby sometimes called me 'kapalterbang' because i can move very fast, do things fast etc. Thing is, when you have jet-speed, you miss the pemandangan. It is all awan and kabus. Which in my case is good too, because the pemandangan in my house is very bersepah. ;o)

Your Highness QOTH,
ya la, must invest la kan? I will definitely, God willing, pi beli the small discreet type. handy kan? nak record akujanji husband pon senang. Boleh buat bahan ungkit nanti! hehehe..

Anggerik merah,
thank you. mak IS getting better. Thanks. WIll email you after this.

ely,
i wasnt sleepy talking to you... you should not have gone to bed! You should have stayed awake so we could telephatise during the presentation ordeal.

Blabarella,
selamat hari raya to you and the whole clan too!
;o)

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you...:) (on the ngantuk part)

Happy Eid Mubarak to you!:)

1:01 AM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Selamat Hari Raya to you, yamtuan dot and sun. Maaf zahir batin

11:15 AM  
Blogger Suriya said...

Wishing you Selamat Hari Raya..

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOD. r u still sleepy?? Update! Update!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home