Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Random Thoughts

I am updating this spot because the BlogPatrol has been throwing dirty and suggestive looks at me of late. Officer Ananda, tolong lah Latok, i so busy can die standing! You dont phunk with me okay? Really, I am busy zoning out (whatever that means).

I dont have Raya stories to tell, because like last year, i celebrated it at the hospital. Last year Putrajaya, this year GHKL. Last year for breakfast they gave kuah lodeh, sambal kacang and a few nasi impit. And i did my sembahyang raya on the cold hospital floor. This year was better. I cooked rendang emergency (no kelapa so no kerisik, santan i only got the fat-free no cholesterol type, and no daun pewangi (daun kunyit or daun limau) mana sedap!), and my kuah lodeh tadak fucuk tahu or tempe. And my kuah kacang tadak kacang.. oh wait a minute, that makes no kuah kacang at all! Why because i did my shopping the night before raya. We were hoping to the last minute that mak would be okay, enough to be given 'cuti'. But alas, that didnt happen.

After breakfast, i dressed Dot in her last year's baju kurung raya and Sun in his new "little monster" rompers (and then wondered why he was behaving like such a little monster!). I myself put on the baju kurung - now listen and be impressed - that i bought for my convocation manymany donkeydogalltheanimals inthezoo years ago, the pre-historic time, before Yamtuan before the children. And HAH! Be very green, people, it FIT! Haw haw haw..... ooohlala...! But WAIT SEMINIT.... that was on the first day of raya. Dont ask me my weight today okay? After I baling kasut at you.

Brought my emergency raya dishes to hospital. Waited for tv3 ka, rtm ka, menteri ka, royals ka to come but no.... bilalah i nak masuk tv? Boohoohoo...

That was Raya lah. My bro and my sis were at the hospital too.

Later in the night, Yamtuan, me and the kids left to Kuala Pilah. Had breakfast of lontong and PROPER rendang and lodeh and teleported ourselves back to KL.

By the way, I think the greatest invention in the whole world ever is pantyliners. And no, I don’t care to elaborate why.

Maya came over GH yesterday. I was there with Yamtuan and my bro (Thanks for visiting my mom, Maya!) She is now convinced that, judging from our size, we dont need to live in a house, a box is adequate. Where can, i ask you!

They have amputated my mom higher up, mid calf or they call it BKA (Below Knee Amputation). Surprisingly, my mother seems almost happy that they have cut her there. She seems relieved. She’s happy, I am happy.

I am going to register for driving school today. Yey! So I need new school bag, pencil case and raincoat.

Oh, I have found a song titled ‘Mummy Minta Seringgit’ by Boboy and Rudy. The kids wanted seringgit to buy chocolates. It's awfully cute.

I noticed that people working in Ampang Point will cross over to City Square for lunch while those at City Square come to Ampang Point.

This is what Dilbert’s Scott Adams think about blogging,
People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go through a thought process much like this:
1. The world sure needs more of ME.
2. Maybe I’ll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
3. No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.
4. I know – I’ll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them.
5. If only there was a description for this process that doesn’t involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
6. What? It’s called a blog? I’m there!

The blogger’s philosophy goes something like this:
Everything that I think about is more fascinating than the crap in your head. The beauty of blogging, as compared to writing a book, is that no editor will be interfering with my random spelling and grammar, my complete disregard for the facts, and my wandering sentences that seem to go on and on and never end so that you feel like you need to take a breath and clear your head before you can even consider making it to the end of the sentence that probably didn’t need to be written anyhoo.

~ Taken from Dilbert Newsletter 61.0, "A Little Ray of Bitter Sunshine" October 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RALAT (Grumble... grumble..)
It is Ampunk Park to City Square NOT Ampang Point.

RALAT II (Beyond grumbling..)
It is Ampunk Park to Ampunk Plaza

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI OOD, Glad that she is happy. Hope she gets well soon and out of hospital. Love to all okay...

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, I saw you coming online but can't speak to you as I am so busy trying to get ready so next time okay?

1:24 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

Get pregnant. Time it so that around Raya next year u wd've given birth something. THEN you'll be on TV or the papers or something!

Oh yeah..and THEN see if u can fit into that PRE-Yamtuan baju kurung! Sheeeeesshhhh. Itu pun mau bagi tahu! JEALOOUUUUSSSSSSSSS TAUUUU!!!

I'm glad mom is happy and that you are happy too. You happy, I happy! And I pray for the best for u and mom! Always.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheheeee u tickle me!!
Glad to see u happy!

Wah, baju dulu2 dah boleh pakai?!?! Apa diet u on now? Nanti I send u 5 carrot cakes... tengok boleh muat lagi tak baju tu *heheheeee*

Pantyliners u boleh fly tak?

*heheeee*

Ok lah, banyak borak pulak i nie..

3:48 AM  
Blogger dith said...

So it was a BKA eh? ALhamdulillah that she seemed to be psychologically accepting it.

And you? You could fit into your pre-marriage dress? So you are really petite and those arent rumours!!

Good luck in your driving lessons!

7:14 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

i'm not sure what to write. i'm so GREEEEEN. not to mention baju donkey years, baju nikah pun dah tak boleh button :(

happy for you and your mother. semoga dia cepat sembuh. bila mind dah happy, body pun cepat sikit nak sembuh.....

5:27 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

OOD, raya kat rumah ke, kat hospital ke, the important thing is that you beraya with family and those you love and who love you back. Next time kalau teringin nak masuk TV ... ye lah, do like Anedra said. And then let me know I'll get the TV people (through the KOTH) to interview you. Nak TV 3, RTM, Astro, BERNAMA TV, atau apa saja .... boleh try!

ANd I am so the jealous you so the fit into the baju donkeymonkey years!

6:04 PM  
Blogger MA said...

Ood : you mean ppl from Ampang PARK crossing over to City Square and vice versa. Ampang POINT jauh wohh..kat Ampang Putri sana.

Anyway that was the scene of my stiletto extravaganza 20 years ago, when there was not overhead bridge or tunnel.

The day my saham jatuh berdentum dentam, when I flipped over the chain with my stilletto while trying to hold on to my lunch date aka my client.

Hope yr mum is better :-)

7:13 PM  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

OOD, welcome back. Pray that you mom will get better.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ampang plaza cik.. aka plaza yochuan cik. bukan ampang point cik. itu kalau cross ke ampang park, mau habis lunch hour cik.

7:50 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Anonymous,
Oh it is okay. No worries at all. Hi me when u can okay?

Anedra,
get pregnant? I thought u are supposed to get pregnant for the right reasons only, like blackout-nothing-better-to-do or tv-rosak or the-stoopid-rubber-sudah-expired?

tsk tsk tsk... getting pregnant because u want to be on tv is SO unethical. The baby will grow up poor in add maths you know. I should know, i got P8 in Add Maths.

hartini,
mine pantyliners got stringsssss of gees. ;o)

carrot cake? dont la say onni, i DARE you to send me at least one! Shall i give u my address now?

Dr House,
the bandage is off. The wound is beautiful, the handiwork is almost artful, i am not kidding. She practices walking using the 4-legged walker diligently evryday. She told me, she would be able to compete with Ras Adiba in the paralympics in ONE week. She is so postive about the whole thing. I am so glad. Thanks Dr House, you've been a great help.

As for my size, one day i will take picture real-time of my waist and i promise you it will fill up the whole screen! Den tak bongak do.

my driving class. Well,you may want to avoid the roads for a while. Think of your loved ones okay?

shidah,
did i miss telling you that the dress was of stretchy material and it was stretched so much the seams were howling in protest? But this is history now. I could only wear it (and turn blue) until after the nasi impit attacks.

well, u go green anyway. Hehehe..

yep, i think her emotions are one of the contributary factors. She wants to get better, she's willing herself to be better.

Uh Thanks Shidah..

7:57 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

One more thing. Good luck with the driving classes. Will have to avooid Bulatan Pahang or Pekeliling for a while now huh?

Oh, and one ONE more thing. after this, next time we go out..YOU drive!! Oh I can't wait!

8:03 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

QOTH,
yes, raya was raya no matter where so long as we are with family. Baju raya ka, ketupat-rendang ka, all dont matter much. True. True.

QOTH now, tepi tepi! I want to talk to KOTH,

nak masuk tv! But do you have air-brush technology for tv appearance? So can make me look like erra fazira first? hehe... i know i am ambitious!

Mak Andeh,
my MUM is better.I hope your BUM is better too, haw haw haw..
i will solemnly pay respect to the place where you shame us all. I will NOT do what you did, so help me stilettos.

Anggerik Merah,
my mak is so much better! Insya-Allah, of course everyday without pain and infection is a day to bersyukur and a new day is always a new battleday. But her positiveness is contagious. The heavy load on my chest is no more. Even i breathe easier now.

Thanks ... for a load of things.

Cek Anonymous,
haiya... Ampang Park to Ampang Plaza aka Yochuan aka City Square. Okay lah, ralat again.

But kasi i markah sikit lah for getting at least the word Ampang correct.. i buah cempedak luar pagar, janganlah jolokkan.

KJ Ummi,
belum lagi, i kena pi belajar tukar tayar and teori dulu. The moment they trust me on the road, i will send red code to you. You help clear the roads okay? Maybe evacuation is necessary too.. you know just in case? Declare curfew! hehehehe..

Your car nak let me bawak? Too big lah sistah! Bertenjet pon tak sampai..

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ood..

glad to hear about your mum..insya allah once her spirit is up..the body can recover better..
gimme a buzz if you see me online k ;-) .. maybe we can get anedra to join us for lunch or sumthin.. hmmm why does pizza hut apg park come to mind la pulak heheheh...

12:13 AM  
Blogger noha chomel said...

kak ood,

im happy taht u and ur mak happy, hope everything will turn well..

good luck in ur driving class and driving session soon

selamat hari raya maaf zahir dan batin (really sorry about the makan2 thingie but i just cant help...)

12:28 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

ariel,
can can, jom pi makan2. SO, where do i pick you up (chellehhhhhh..). Kita tak payah ajak anedra lah, dia tengah busuk tu.

thanks, my mom is getting better. And i do have things to discuss further with you, and what better way to do it than the malaysian waya i.e over meals ya?

noha chomel,
alah... you know i am fond of you! i have nothing against your cerita makan, i know now to visit you only after meals ;o) One day you must let my senses other than deria mata to enjoy the food too okay?

thanks for the support you give throughout. sangat dihargai.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak ood,

dont worry, insyaAllah, satu hari nanti, sebut je nak makan apa (yg i bole masak la..) i'll cook for u..ok tak?...:)

1:13 AM  
Blogger SimplyMas said...

OOD! Glad to see you're back (not that you were gone or anything but u know what I mean lah!) Relieved to hear that your mum is Happy and is doing fine... Waaah! Green with envy!!!! Even I can't fit on my skirt since I marry that Man and I still don't have a kid yet!!! Sigh... Tak patut! Tak patut! :-C

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cak pong ikang!

am glad that your mom is allright now...

hopefully she would be back to full health soon

insya'allah

xoxo

9:51 AM  
Blogger dith said...

ood- if you tepuk belakang I without me knowing who u are, I might just 'sekeh' you. So why not post a pic of your petite self to make things easy eh? <---refering to my blog

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

aiyoh girl u made me laff hehehe.

glad to hear that ur mom is happy. like what u said, she happy, u happy, i lagi happy.

itu baju kurung still can wear, so what u talking about nak kuruskan badan nih? from ur elbow?

6:20 PM  
Blogger AHM said...

sis ood, ehehe this post made me laugh berdekah2. glad to see u happy. and alhamdulillah too for yr mum. My uncle too had his BKA early this year, he's wearing his kaki palsu now. He seems ok and emotionally stabil nampaknya. So i hope yr mum pun cam tu juga. :-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger HCI said...

i can identify with your sense of lightness, just like you, I am opening up my old suitcases, full with so glamourous kebayas with beutiful kerawang, of the 90s, aired, to be wash, iron and ready to fit the old new me...1/2 centimeter for the catch to meet infront of bustline, 2 kg more to go, unfortunately too old to be miss universe.

congratulation.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

read your blog in the morning yesterday ..tak tersangka malam terjumpa pulak di ampang tu..hehehehe...lengan masih lebam akibat dicubit anedra..adoi!

5:25 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

noha chomel,
i am always game for makan-makan, especially home-cooked ones! I take it as my personal duty to honor all makan-makan invitations hehehe..

mamijarum,
well, i do exaggerate a teenie bit in my stories here and there...especially when it comes to my size reduction.
oh, i tried to hi you at ym a few times but to no avail. Will email you then!

nong,
cak pong you back!
thank you thank you!

You know what, she will be released from the hospital tomorrow! We'll drive her back to kampung where i am sure will help her get better faster to be amongst friends and all her ayam itik!
thank you for all the doas..

dr house,
i tepuk u sampai lebam!

ely,
the truth is out there ely, the mystery of my missing figure and alienation of my body with lemon peel fat is no fib!

linda!
i am actually looking for new 'friends' for my mom, cari support group ka like that. maybe register her at diabetic society ka apa ka... so where is your uncle at? he sounds full of =ve charges!

has,
where can a girl ever be too old to be miss universe?
oh i found this website,
http://www.weightmanagement.org.my/
by MOH, it is quite interesting. Apparently my achievable weight and most realistic goal should be 46 kg! That is 2kg away! Can! Ya/ You and me, Final Frontier ~ 2kg! Can! Then we do kerawang and the walk together ya?

dr iskandar,
you are every bit what i imagined you would be, minus the nose of course!

i actually let her have the HONOR of pinching you. I would do the same too to you for calling her heavy! Ciss! I also terkena getahnya tau! hehe..

I am GLAD we met! So u no more cyber!

8:01 PM  
Blogger abdullahjones said...

:)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Suriya said...

I am sure you fitted into your baju quite well. You were just being kind when you said it barely fit. Betoi tak?
Syukur alhamdulillah your mum is doing well!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home