Monday, October 10, 2005

New Office

I have started working at the new place. It is only RM3 cab fare away from the hospital, RM2.60 Putra LRT from home, 1 Putra-LRT-minute away from KLCC, and ribu-ribu-juta-juta light years away from the old office. I have crossed over the frontier; from the land of cannibalism, madness and chaos into decent civilization. Good morning ma’am! How-are-you-fine-thank-you is the theme of the day!

I suddenly have health benefits. On the first day, I was given a long list of panel clinics and hospitals. Not only am I covered for all my sneezes, my kids are too. And I can have lots more babies because they pay for maternity bills, can breed like rats! Yeah babe! Oh and I can breastfeed each one of them and don’t bother about my calcium intake because dental is covered too. This is definitely the place where I wont mind turning gummy.

And I finally belong. I already am a member of the company’s recreational club. My salary will be deducted RM5 monthly. Never mind that, but I will now be invited to games and picnics and trips and family days and the likes! Wooohoo! The party animal in me (haw haw haw) is howling with glee!

I have settled in rather comfortably, me thinks. I have given myself a welcome gift ~ tadaaa… a potted plant (cactus is bad feng shui, so mine is leafy). And I know I need a new pair of telekung, slippers and face wash. These things I left at the old office. No problem, Ampang Park is less than a pelaung away, I clear my throat also I am there already. I can get all the supplies during lunch hour today.

I know this is THE place, the chosen one because I have already gone to the loo to do the big-water business. That is THE sign. Let me share with you my wisdom. You only do your big-water thing when you are comfortable with the place, unless your hajat is very urgent or of Hershey-squirt type. But otherwise, you only do it at ‘selected’ places. Correct? And no one can bluff me, the best place to do it, the one place that you can really be yourself while at it, is at home. I will be delighted if house-guests honor me by using our toilet. The bigger their water business, the better! You get what I am saying?

I was always constipated at the previous office. But here, the toilet beckons me with subtle promises of peace and comfort. Fresh toilet rolls, dry floor, squeaky clean seats, the right shade of lights, and the perfect-pressured water … The more often I go, the more I know that I have finally found a place that I belong.

So here I am, sitting at my place this early in the morning writing this and smiling (as I have just done my big time water business). Only my 5th day here and I am already swamped with work. I longed to go lepak at my favorite coffee shop and write a bit at all my favourite blog stations but I really cant find the time yet. Let me clear off some files from my table first and then I will have a bit of a breather.

In the meantime,… oh, wait, must go the loo!

18 Comments:

Blogger Ely said...

OODYYYYYYYYYY...aku rindu padamu!

but i am glad that u have found THE job.

huggs

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ood

Glad that you are back!Good luck with your new job.

EM

10:15 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

OOd, I share your wisdom on the importance of of the place for the big water business. When i was working in Penang, after the transfer from KL, i could not, no matter how i tried....so it meant a weekly dash to alor star - my mum's house. or target a hotel or a restaurant. that bad!!!
glad u are back.

10:27 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

OOD, gOOD mOOD ? Bagus. Catch up with you, bila dah free. i'm next nikko, the blue building :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

p/s: how's yr mum?

10:42 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

ely,
aku jua aku jua ingin bersamamu!

huggssss..

EM,
thank you! Glad to be back!

KakTeh,
i can NEVER do it on keretapi tanah melayu! But can on mas.

shidah,
tak cakap awal! i tak poso ni, we could have done lunch! (and kena tangkap, o-tidak)

my mom is still at GHKL. Her pain is managed with morphine so she's okay. Op to be on monday.

nefertiti,
thank you.
She's calmer now. Sleeps well too. Thanks a load.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Hello .... first time leaving my comment here.

I like that big water business philosophy. :) And it is so true, come to think of it! On MAS? Noooo, toilet's too small and besides, I have that fear when flushing, takut ter'suck' ...ewww!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are working at Empire Tower or City Square. Are you the new girl at Indah Water ?

1:19 AM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Good OOD, with the big water business is behind you, NOW quickly clear your table, so that you have time to blog.

Next time I go for business in KL maybe we can do lunch three parties (Me, U & Shidah)

Glad to hear about your mom.

2:00 AM  
Blogger hana_kirana said...

i love cactus... jahat la feng shui kata cactus tak best!

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soo right about the loo! lol

Good to hear everything's a-ok at your new workplace :)

ramadhan kareem!

8:27 AM  
Blogger anedra said...

aahhh. so that explains my constipation and diarrheas..I hate this jin bertendang place!! anyway, clear yr desk ASAP. we're missing you at Ely's Kedai Kopi. Ya hear that?? Clear them files!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Hahaha!! Funny to know that I'm not the only one who has a "phobia" about doing the No. 2 outside of home or nice hotels!! But it's so true. At my old office, it may have been a pow-wow law firm, but the toilets were icky!!! And I used to think, These people are gross, highly-educated professionals and all, but such BAD personal hygiene!!

Glad you're settling in well. Hmm, I'm guessing Menara Citibank?

5:36 PM  
Blogger nae said...

Oody....glad you feel at home with your new place. And really agreed with the big water business thingy :) Hope ur mom get well soon

7:06 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

queenofthehouse,
your first time here? funny, because i read your comments everywhere so i dont feel like u are new here!
Dalam planes, boleh kena 'suck' ke? Oh... ok, now i takut also. Thank you very much. You have just taken the pleasure of doing it up in the sky. Sheeeesh..

tokki andak,
i may contribute a lot to Indah Water but no i am not there! :oP But near! Near!

AuntyN,
boley boley... bestnya! makan2 is one business that i like, makan2 with friends.. the only business that i like better!

hana kirana,
itu duri tajam cucuk tadak baik punya. Bukan wa cakap, orang lain cakap..

crimsonskye,
it's great waking up in the morning and look forward to work. havent felt like that for ages!
:o)

anedra!
SIR YES SIR!

blabarella,
tidak tidak... tekaan anda silap. But near! Near!
True, sometimes i see people cantek bergaya, bijak and berjaya but in the toilet? like hantu raya! gagal sungguh!

nae,
thankyou. This office is near GH. Everything fits in like a puzzle. And despite it all and because of it all, i count my blessings and bersyukur. :o)

7:48 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

ooops! Not my first timelah, Ood. Itulah, I leave comments everywhere sampai terlupa mana yang dah pergi :) Eh sorrylah, tak tahu pula you enjoyed 'going' up there! Hee hee.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kak ood,

bout big water business tu, my mom osso told me like that..apa org jawa kata, 'kerasan' gitu...

on the other entry, kenapa kena panggil workshop dari serdang raya, do u lived there?

apa pun, gud luck dan semoga ur mom cepat sembuh!

8:05 PM  
Blogger SimplyMas said...

Sorry OOD! Lama tak baca! Kita go holiday berasmara dana dengan hubby! Congratulation on the new job! Best nyer! Now my turn pulak to look for another job that will benefit me!

I too kena find a nice and cosy and comfortable toilet b4 I can release THE big one!

Take care!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home