Thursday, September 22, 2005

Super Spendar

It was Friday the 16th. The interview day.

I was dressed and painted for it. Professional, chic, corporate, mature were the image that I wanted to portray.

Just last week, Yamtuan bought me a new blouse. Very serious looking, plain and simple. Dark tan. I wore it with grey trousers and a matching jacket to boot. But since Yamtuan had lecture in the morning I had to go to the place myself. Easily. The office was just a few stations away (and we are talking about Putra LRT not my usual unreliable KTM Komuter). No problem at all.

Interview was at 10, but I arrived at the Ampang station at 9. I went to the loo, relieve myself, checked my appearance, nose not shiny -check, lipstick not smeared -check, uban not sticking out like antenna -check. All okay. I went out from the station and found a nice spot to sit and do last minute homework – reading up about the company. Yamtuan searched the internet last night and had a few print-outs for me to read.

I got the facts well stored in my mind. I could handle 5-minutes conversation easily. Glanced at my wrist watch. 0945. Okay, maybe it was time.

Yamtuan called. ‘Good luck okay?’

Thank you sir. I was all business. Psyching myself up for the role.

And off I walked to the office. Went upstairs, was given a form to fill and waited. Read a book while waiting.

You know, I never did apply for the job. Yes I am unhappy here. But no, I wasn’t in a hurry to leave, partly because the children are still so awfully small. The arrangement here, if you really think about it is actually perfect. I am not busy at all and I don’t honor 9-to-5 working hour. My leaves are never recorded too. So it does give me flexi hours with the kids. On the other hand, sitting idle and biting nails are not exactly what I am cut out for. I am bored and having no responsibility to me is not translated very well. I have been so used to the fast-paced corporate world that I find it very very tiring to just sit and do nothing.

They called me last week, out of the blue, with an offer. Of course I jumped. So there I was on that fine Friday morning with my briefcase of certs and what-nots.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Soon, they called me in. There were three of them. And so the Interview began.

It went well me thinks. And I was pretty certain that I would be accepted.

Right after it was over, I went to Ampang Park. Bought myself a RotiBoy as a reward for being so-crever and called Yamtuan. He said he could meet me at Amcorp Station in about an hour.

And so I headed back to the Putra Station and began the journey to Amcorp. I reached there early and so I went to the loo again.

Lo and behold! I realized that my zippers were undone! I must have forgotten to zip up since the Ampang loo this morning! Alamakkkk oh alamak! What must they be thinking? Maybe they thought I was using my femininity to get me the job ya? Maybe flashing the underwear would give me extra marks! I peered down, please God, let it be a good underwear not the rusty torny grandmother one and please don’t let it be the naughty one too, and not the pokemon one too, oh no… peered , oh okay, a decent one. Modest, let off only very mild suggestions… not wild, not naughty, not cheeky, not trampy, not too bold, not too old. Ok, phew…

Zipped up. And checked twice. If only I could padlock it, I would.

And then I received THE call from them. I got the job! Got the job! Yippee yippee yey yey! Hey…. the underwear must be a lucky one and flashing it for the whole world to see must have done the trick!

And so people, this is my good news. I will move from this jamban of a workplace to somewhere very very near KLCC. I will be at my new work place on 3rd October!

Yey people yey!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

pssssst psst, BTW hoh,
if any one of you wanna get me a gift, I want a laptop. This one I will be handing back to the boss. Laptop okay? Please queue. I will give you the laptop specifications ya! Jangan berebut, okay, not nice like that! If your budget is limited (I know you have to eat too), just get me a new handphone lah. I accept also.

If not, maybe i should walk around town with lucky Super Spendar! It seems to help me get things i want... hmmmm... that's a thought.

23 Comments:

Blogger anedra said...

ah, I know I know! It must've been a "Pink power rangers" one..err, the spendar I mean! Sent the right message alright!! Hey, congrats!! And YAAYYYYYYYY!!! You know I am happy for you and all, but I am still sad u'r leaving me at this jin bertendang place! Sob! Sob! How to hv lunch like this?

1:41 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

oh you dah jadi blogpatrol ya? I say the man! terus i put up one post!

i actually mulled over it this morning. That i wont get to see your building anymore and be of a pelaung distance from you. but hey, i have your phone number and i know where the zoo is. And my friendship IS maintenance free with lifetime warranty!

Pink power rangers? No comment. I cant. My agent will disapprove my answering this.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS . What a story ..... cannot stop myself from laughing.

3:18 AM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

Near KLCC? It means I will have to be able to see you the next time I am on Business trip, My KL office is osso near KLCC maa.. Tu pu kalau orang sudi lah...

CONGRATS and ALL the BEST.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

makcik! Congrats, you rawk the place, will you? Does this new job means no more blogging and hopping? HAhahahaha...

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ood, just love reading your entries. Probably after few mths working in the new place and gaining rapport, you'll surely find out the real reason you got the job: spendar or impressive resume?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

oody, CONGRATULATIONS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am very happy for u!

laptop? how abt a friend on ur lap?hehehe

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

hey OOD, am sure the telly tubbies undies did it for you! did you borrow from the kids? anyway, Congratulations - and I did SMS when I heard the good news, only I think yr handphone tikam one from kedai mamak - so may be you didnt get it! New pay - buy new handphone and when i go back - BELANJA!!!!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kak ood,

1.congratulations! patut lama la tak update, bertapa nak pi interview rupanya

1. muahahhahahahah....opss... i think lain kali pakai seluar getah je la...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

wah, congratulations Oody!!! So many makan places at KLCC and its surroundings...Waaaaaaa...

Am so happy for you!!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger nae said...

wow!!!!!must be your lucky panty. congratulation!!!!!!!

7:04 PM  
Blogger shidah said...

OOD, Congratulations! Me, work somewhere near the ampang park station too... laptop? no problem. i can get you one, but you got to pay for it lah :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Uja said...

dapat kerja baru?! Dekat dengan KLCC lagi...ceh bah!! COngrats!!

Ni lain kali kita naik KL boleh panggil lunch kat Dome lah ya?

7:56 PM  
Blogger hana_kirana said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very very near to KLCC? Wah, makin senang le kite nak dating nanti! ;)

8:33 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Yes people yes,
my lucky super spendar!
Because we friend friend, i am willing to loan the spendar to anyone who is in need of luck. Got interview, wanna meet the boss and ask for increment or wanna snog that guy from accounts department, just lemme know. I'll gladly have the lady luck courier-ed over to you. The size may be a bit big lah, but can staple at the sides.

thank you for the warm wishes!

Ummi,
i do so look forward to KLCC romp with you!

mrs amd,
all this while i thought i am lucky because i was born one, sagittarians are a lucky lot they say. Now i know the real reason!

auntyN,
yeye... boleh jumpa! yeye! Of course i sudi. Kecik tapak tangan auntie!!

anonymous,
aiyoh please. Under the 'computer literacy' section, i actually put blogging. So if they dont let me blog & hop, i swear i will SUE! hehe...

drroza,
dont you insult my spendar! It is impressive too. The sheer size alone is enough to knock sense out of people! ;o)

8:34 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

ely,
lap dance also can! Ooooooohhhhlala!

kakteh,
i received but like u said lah, sometimes my tikam phone will not be functional. Expect my emergency number sending you sms ok? I'll have the problem fixed hopefully soon.
thank you kakteh! i received it just after i checked in my mom at hospital. So for a second, i terpinga2 a bit. Congratulations for my mom being warded? Then oh, okay. Hehehe... thanks e load!

nohachomel,
seluar getah? kena cari lampin pulak! But i dont think they have it my size. My height might be that of a toddler, but my erm bum size is SO NOT.

nazrah,
yes lots of eating place (worry worry), but WAIT SEMINIT, i will start there in bulan puasa. Maybe there is hope after all.

8:41 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

nae,
thank you!! Maybe i should frame the thing and hang it in the living room ya? and must remember to mewasiatkannya also for anak cucu.

shidah,
yey, can curi2 makan in bulan puasa with you!!! yey! wah, life will be so happening!

uja my kungfu master,
can can, come down KL and we go dome or anywhere also can. The eating potential of my moving there is HUGE ya? Yeye!

hana kirana,
yes, but macam susah lah nak ceroboh seminar and conference lagi dah.. but i will be on the lookout for you! Jom dating jom dating!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Justiffa said...

Congrats OOD on getting the job you wanted... and apart from the eating places at KLCC, the park is one hell of a bonus :) the kl crowd kebanyakannye jog there.. jeles laa.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOIII!!!!!!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and all the best :D

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alah kak odd, seluar biasa tapi pinggang dia 'bergetah' maknanya takyah le pakai zip, sarung jek..

btw, nak gak pinjam ur lucky spender tuh, cuma takut tak muat, tak pun terkoyak lak spender tu nanti...huhuhu..

2:49 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

redkebaya
i look forward to be inspired by slimmettes in spandex jogging around the park. One day, one fine day in a galaxy far far away, i will be one of them..

anonymous!
WOI! thankyou! ;o)

nohachomel.
ooooooh teh tarik! seluar macam tu i know i know. my mak punya seluar all like that. Aiyo...
oh, you know what, i received one forwarded email from a friend who got the email forwarded from her friend who got the email forwarded from one nohachomel. i am absolutely sure that the two nohas are the same.
i betul betul lately sedar how extremely small this world is!

5:05 AM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Ood, tahniah!...tahniah!....nampak gayanya susah leh kita nak berseliseh bahu lagi...baru cadang nak jumpa di Alamanda, you dah lari ke KLCC...;-(

Anyway, happy for you.

p/s :..hati-hati semua, bila pakai seluar kena 'raba' selalu, to check samada zip dah di naikkan....

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home