Monday, August 01, 2005

Anedra

I gave her direction to my place over the phone. Make a left turn, I said as I wave wave my left hand, to make sure that my left-right direction was not wrong. After the toll, take the first left and turn left and turn left again.

And so when she called sounding like a damsel in distress because she found herself in wasteland, with abandoned palm oil plantation on her left, and ruined buildings of the ancient on her right, I thought to myself.. waaa this one got more problem with left and right than me. Good, good. Another thing we have in common (the first one is: we both leaked in class in standard 1).

And so I walked out from my office, left the impossible-to-miss yellow building and waited for her by the roadside. Saw her car (she gave description of colour and registration number) and waved like mad.

Luckily she stopped.

The car was quite a climb to get into. She should have warned me, I would have carried ropes, helmet, safety harness all.

Hugssss. Hi-s. Smiles. Grins.

She wore red over black and I was green over black. None of us were in kebayas. No sangguls, face not made up too. No pretense, no cyber-synonym to hide ourselves, we were washed off of any alias. We were both either jennifer garners or sydney bristows. And I felt so comfortable. We decided to eat in a proper restaurant (the gardenia bread I carefully selected for her would be kept for tea later, she said).

And it was not at all like meeting a new friend. Honestly, the coziness made me feel like I have known her for ages. We talked and talked, and laughed a lot and even shared the food (no, she did not steal my spaghetti). There was age difference of 5 years between us, but I did not feel it. If there were any other stark differences between us, they weren’t obvious to me. There was our whole lifetime of not knowing each other but the gap was closed like it was never there at all, in an instant!

How to describe her?

The sweetest of face, an ever-ready smile, great sense of humour, a huge heart, very much lovable, intelligent, doesn’t need dieting, loves seafood. Lucky blessed me! It is like being promised a gardenia bun but getting tiramisu instead. If from reading her spot you think she is a warm person, well you should meet her. She is just volcanic!

More important than the tiramisu and the fahrenheit, she is like a well-worn cotton tee. Comfortable like mad! I like!

16 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

not knowing left and right tu keturunan sapa? glad you all got on like house on fire. tell me, what is 'gardenia'?

1:41 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

kak teh
gardenia is a brand name, macam roti federal, roti hi-5, roti bai. i bought her yang panjang 4 inci ada coklat krim kat tengah. 5 kupang!

And kak teh, thank you for .. a lot of things lah!

Since i have survived her, meeting you would be like tayar lama on fire ya?

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah..nice innit to get a new friend through blogging?
*smile*

2:18 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

syiok nya.....

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i guess if she's like a well worn cotton tee, she's gotta be:

1. stretched (what do you mean don't need diet?)
2. probably spotty or holey (zits and spots all over)
3. masyam smelling. hmmmmm?? sniff!

and if she's like tiramisu, then she must be...err, ITALIAN!! betol lah tu! (betul tak KakTeh?)

the company was great, brings out the volcano in me! hehe!

5:50 AM  
Blogger jomama said...

Congrats. I married one a lot
like her. Never regretted in
for a second.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Ely said...

wah so mammal is REALLY A WAME ONE!!!

i told u that u will really have so much fun with each other.

now u just need ot wait for Ely to come and visit ok.

6:41 PM  
Blogger anedra said...

ely, when u come over..you wear yellow over black, ood will wear green over black and me, i'll go in red over black. then we'll look like a walking traffic light!

7:18 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

nefertiti
very nice indeed. And i look forward to meeting you too!

Shidah,
shiok i tell you! After anedra i am all gungho to meet everyone. hehe, dah berani la tu!

ananda,
item 1,2,3 i refuse to comment. More like - tak berani.
tiramisu, well, maybe not talian, what about Tiram Isu?

7:45 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

jomama,
you lucky sod!! :o)

ummi,
sshh... it really is like fear factor. With her i had to jump from one moving trailer to the other - blindfolded. You will be the second stunt where i will have to drink blendered lizard. You've got to give me the test! We've gotta meet!

Ely,
we actually teringat you a lot. We said kalau u ada sure lagi havoc! Probably we will all be banned from Bangi!

Anedra,
yup, we will STOP TRAFFIC!

7:55 PM  
Blogger AuntieYan said...

Odd, my first blind date( with cyber friends) pun macam tu le jugak perasaannya.But, I met 3 instead of one...we had alot to say, not like baru nak berkenalan...but just like meeting old friends...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Nazrah Leopolis said...

wowee... nak joing boleh? di suatu hari nanti?ajak kakteh sama

8:49 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

eeer, what mammal? yellow over black? hahahahaha

oody, thanks for remembering me. this time we should talk on the phone and then u can really hear me when u ladies r gathering!!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

auntie yan,
ajak lah i jumpa! I tengah semangat nak jumpa semua orang ni. Dah pass the first test with anedra kan. Dia kacang!

Nazrah alias,
if i berselisih bahu with you i will tepuk ok? seen your picture (kulit muka so taut and clear, makan jamu ka? like 17!)

pack your stuff, kita paksa kak teh sponsor kita pegi londra.

Ely maam,
will call you this weekend. Anedra warned me of your talking speed, hmm... mesti terbakar my eardrums!

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew u 2 would get on like a hse on fire

6:07 PM  
Blogger iJun said...

Does the iklan goes like this?

Dapatkan sapukan,
anda pasti setuju,
seenak kentang goreng,
steak lazat dan pie apple,
Gardeniaaaaaaaaaaaaa
enak bila makan begitu saja.

Hehe.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home