Saturday, August 09, 2008

Make Way for Noody

Photobucket
I know i have bored you because i talk about this often - how i will and i must get the L and the P? Talk-talk-talk onni. No action. The ‘i-will’ has gone on for many years now. Friends have placed bets and it seems every year I would be taking someone one for makanbesar because again, I didn’t get that L&P by year end. I have always been an easy prey. Bet against me that I wouldn’t get the L&P, and you would win another lunch. Terrible. At the rate where things were going, I was gonna go broke sooner than I could say L&P.

This entry is about getting L&P, yes, again you say.

But this time around, it is different.

Yesterday, I actually went to Safety Driving Centre, SDC, you know the one near Armada Hotel? I have also paid them RM300 as first instalment. You see, I REALLY am gonna do it this time. I have never proceeded this far. It would cost me RM990 – if things go well. Imagine that, when all my friends got their licence in the late 80s, it was less than RM500. I didn’t have RM500 back then, my parents couldn’t afford it. And when I could afford it myself, it has gone up to maybe RM700. By then, I didn’t have the time for it.

Ada masa, tak ada wang.
Ada wang tak ada masa.
Only one thing remains ‘ada’ throughout, I never ran out of excuses.

Yamtuan wasn’t home, off for Biro Tatanegara course. But even that couldn’t stop me from going to SDC. I took a cab and dragged all my three kids there too. While I was being briefed by this one lady, Sun accidentally (or not) knocked over a pot of plants and the little one got busy chewing on my thumb. Dot on my side was telling me that she needed a drink ASAP. Then I proceeded to fill up the many forms, and Sun and Dot got into a fight – one pulled the other’s hair and as a result got pinched for it. And as for the grand finale, all three cried. Even THAT couldn’t deter my will!

Ahah, berani nak bet lagi? I don’t think so. Tak usah lah.

Why you may wonder, my sudden drive to drive?

I got promoted that’s why. With the new position, I am given petrol allowance and a parking lot too. This wouldn’t make me register at SDC. What prompted me is this, with the petrol allowance and parking bay, I am not allowed to claim for taxi anymore! And I do spend a lot of the company’s money on taxi fare. Now that I cant claim, aiyoh, koyak lah!

Next Saturday i will be attending the 'Highway Code Class for five hours. Then the next Saturday another course on car maintenance. If all goes well, and i pass the exam, PJ folks should be pre-warned, by all means, AVOID driving around Armada, PJ New Town, Taman Jaya on Saturdays and Sundays, because I, ladies and gentlemen, will rule the road.

16 Comments:

Blogger Theta said...

Good luck with the driving lessons and final 'exam'!

Luckily I don't live near that area. ;-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Elysha Nur said...

Alhamdulillah,

Finally.... Gud luck!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger tajudin said...

sebenarnya

"orang yang paling berjaya hidup di dunia ini ialah orang yang tiada lesen memandu"

tak percaya? percayalah....

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and take care.

U are lucky these days u take ur driver's lessons and tests in a kancil. I remember when I took my lessons ans tests in the early 90's the Datsun was still in commission. I housemate who was under 5 feet had to take a pillow to every lesson, to see above the steering wheel.

Aida

6:20 PM  
Blogger ladymum said...

I got mine when I was in pantang with my fourth child. Took lessons daily for two weeks and got my P before I started work. My reason was hubby's work relocated and I didn't have a driver anymore.

Just do it!

6:04 AM  
Blogger dak wan said...

if u can bear 3 kids, trust me, driving is simply kacang putih..

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jeritan Rakyat Marhaen said...

Fuiyoooo Ood ambik lesen..

Tu belom beli kereta lagi tuh.. watchout.. anyway lunch on me when you get ur P. Big big lunch...

Congrats for ur promotion.

And Tajudin...ye ke org paling berjaya? susah nak percaya. Tapikan lesen L tak tumbuh atas pokok walaupun guna sistem fertigasi.

And remember, ur test and lecture suma dalam bulan posa.

Good luck

7:07 AM  
Blogger Makji Esah said...

Ood...untuk menguatkan semangat...mind you, bila test drive, ada ramai puak2 yang akan memandang hena githooo(geh cilako..cam dio tak ponah belaja bawak keto) bawak sekali budak 3 orang tu...if u can drive while si akak, si adik and si abang tgh bergaduh,menjorit..and menangis, maka you have passed the 'driving in duress' test. Bukan ke nak bawak keto kek kelumpo mmg centu? Memenjang stress yo...mano laie budak2 rempit dsbg.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caiyok!

MM

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ood,
My heartiest congratulations on your promotion.

3:43 AM  
Blogger shidah said...

congratulations... dapat anak baru, pangkat baru, lepas ni boleh ngendeng kat Yamtuan untuk kereta baru. Tahun 89 masa I ambik test, tak payah masuk kelas pun tak pe, my father taught me. Free of charge!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Good Luck Dear!

11:51 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

theta,
Thanks! my theory class will be this weekend. Gotta buy me new bag sekolah, pensel kes, bekas air and tapawe bekal.

lys,
hehe... finaly kan? After many years of janji palsu.

Kudin MS,
kalau macam tu lah, dah puas 'berjaya' dah ni.. Awak tau, berapa majikan saya terpaksa tipu sebab masa interview depa tanya ada valid lesen ka tadak? saya kata tadak, tapi pandai. sebenaqnya tadak dan tapandai.

Err... aida,
on a good day, i measure 4'10". Looks like i have to bring a jack lah kot? i see at that school, all kancils and the student drivers all look like they are no older than 18. SUCH generation gap! Kena ragging dengan senior nanti, how?

ladymum,
whoa, what a feat! Dalam pantang, engorged and all? Whoa!
I am gonna be a fulltime housewife soon and if i will be stuck at home, i so will lose my mind. Ada lesen so i can panjang kaki..

dakwa,
that's very very very encouraging. Really. Thanks. i am gonna hang on to your words like mantra.

marhaen,
hehe.. finally!
ha-ah kan, bulan puasa kan? Tak perasan pulak! Perfect! Makan besar baikkkkk punya if i get the L&P eh?

8:13 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

hajah oi,
itulah nak koba kek sumo rakyat malaysia, usah lah hena mano-mano pemandu belesen lombu. semuo samo yo. mulo dulu bangang yo, samo. kau koba kek kawan2 kau, nampak ado achik banyak uban bawak keto kek area tu sok, gosoklah dado banyak2 mintak sabar.
Botu kato kau dagho, nanti bawak tigo budak tu. kok tahan, luluih lah. kau balik malaysia sok, den bawak kau main drift kek gonting.

MM,
caiyok!!

anasalwa,
thank you. Alhamdulillah!

shidah,
uiyo, dah 10 tahun pengalaman tu. sure pejam mata pon boleh tu. I dont know how to drive AT ALL.my fear is 10-hour lessons not enough. Koyak! And yes, as you pointed out, alhamdulillah rezki lega sikit semenjak dua menjak ni :o)

emh,
hehe, thankyou.
Got loadssss of butterflies flying around in my stomach!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Boss,
Ages already since I've seen you ....the driving thing reminds me of the prank I pulled on you ages ago....I still don't drive btw....!!!

Spoke to Elysha a while back and met Tan last week.

Congrats...congrats....promotion, baby......:)

Muz catch up!!!!

3:13 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

O Sunil Master of BA (your boss told me, congratulations!!) the Prankster,

hehe, we must meet up soon! Got LOADS to unload on you!

*grin*

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home