Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Neighbour

Remember the neighbor who went holidaying in Australia and got me three panties – all oversized (never mind that they fit)?

Well, she called me to drop by at her house the other day. I did and what waited for me was this huge huge pile of clothes. Apparently, her sister is quite sick. She is what you would call, a shopaholic. When there’s a sale anywhere, she’ll buy by the longgok-ful. Thus how she ended up with multiple colours and sizes of a same design. And God, is she sick. There are many MNGs, Peruna, Zara, British India, M&S, G2000 and many other brands, all with their price tags intact. There are skirts and shirts, cardigans and shawls, tees and camisole, jackets and pants. When I say ‘huge huge pile’ I mean like many hundred pieces of garments.

Take what you like, Wendy said.

Really?

Do me a favor, take.

So segan, instead of choosing for myself, I helped her choose things that fit her. But the sizes were mostly wrong and the design youngish. In the end, we ended up choosing things that fit MY size and style and they all fit into 3 huge paper bags. Up to the rim.

You know what, you take all lah, I don’t know who to give to. Don’t want to to give strangers, I will be so honored if you take them all – said Wendy not to Peter pan but to me.

How to say no to such beautiful wonderful gifts? Too good to be true, but as true as blue. So I did the only honorable thing to do under the circumstances. Yes, maam.

Too heavy to carry home, we hauled everything into her car and she drove me back (my house is right behind hers).

So here I am, with loads of new things to wear still in the bags downstairs! I still cant get over it.It's not even my birthday!

Don’t you just wish your neighbors are like mine? Best!
Photobucket
Beautiful Mess

10 Comments:

Anonymous hanakirana said...

I hate you and your neighbour!

4:51 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

hana,
Hate, while i float and gloat..
Bwahahaha...

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Dear OOD,

Bukan senang nak dapat neighbour camni...hehehe. Take care and have fun with the new stuff!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Royalshoppingarcade said...

OMG you are sooo lucky!Rezki la tu.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...all i know is that my daughter (not me aaaaa!) jumped up n down and all over the place when she saw the pile. N SPM rslt is not out yet. Thanks by the way.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Ayda said...

ood you one lucky gal...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Jeritan Rakyat Marhaen said...

I always think u r a lucky person ever since we r small.. and this top it all.... hate u... so the moeny should spent on cloth belanja me makan at pavillion la. I have a cloth ppl gave up,,it is either not fitting me or it is rags..grrrrr.. watta neighbour

7:33 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

Ina,
when your neighbor is a shopaholic, you tend to reap benefits.. - now that sounds bad
alhamdulillah, tho!

Royalshoppingarcade,
alhamdulillah!! You are a shopping arcade? My shopaholic neighbor must never discover you!

KL,
i havent gone through two more bags yet! Glad that she's happy!

Ayda,
kan? a girl couldnt be made happier!

Marhaen,
you really thought so? even when we were kids? Luck gives me goood friends and neighbors. You are one of them :D

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jeritan Rakyat Marhaen said...

Today, somebody sent me a set of kurta and a piece of jubah putih as token of appreciation for assisting them in custom clearance. Felt blessed. bleh pakai pi surau. So your luck do berjangkit ek?

12:21 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

marhaen,
hehehe... alhamdulillah, and i expect komisyen.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home