Sunday, May 08, 2005

I, GoBlog

I have known Imp since forever (yes, it feels THAT long). Since we were fledglings ~ young, foolish and awkward ~ 13 to be exact. I wouldn’t exactly claim that we were the closest of friends. We did not exactly look at each other eye to eye; she was much too tall for me. I hated it when people talk down or look down on me.

Now that we are all qualified adults (grey hair and face cleared from pimples ~ but also perasan young, still foolish and awkward), we have somewhat grown closer. She is still much too tall, and we still see each other only eye to waist, but I now claim her to be a very very good friend. Oh, I should say that in past tense because I have sorta changed my mind.

Imp is doing her PhD in England. We talked sometimes but chatted everyday online. When Siti Nurhaliza braved the cold England for a concert, who else would I ask for updates from but Imp? I am not exactly a Siti die-hard, but whoever can sing ghazal well will be in my good books. “Give me full report’ I said.

She told me to check this one address, one Kak Teh’s webpage. Now that was my first blogspot. I likened it to having the first syabu, or candu or grass or what have you. I read about Siti and found Kak Teh’s other articles to be just as captivating. And this Kak Teh MUST has her cronies listed. Why oh why (wailing)! Being the dead cat that I was, how could I resist checking out on her cronies? My luck that they all must be interesting! I came across Atenah lah, BlueScrubs lah, Maya lah, AuntyN lah… alamak, and then Leen AshBurn lah, hana Kirana lah (where i learnt important words like 'paloi') and so many others. And then her cronies all MUST have their cronies listed too! Oh why oh why.. boohoohoo!’. You know how repeaters never learn? It was like atomic chain reaction, like domino, like cancer, like pokok duit-duit, like anai-anai..

I was online with Imp again just yesterday. She gave another one blogspot address. I almost cried! I said, ‘Imp, thanks to you, I have become a junkie.’ The terrible thing is that Imp is just like a drug dealer, she pushes but she herself is not an addict. ‘I am a bloghopper yes, but I am not a blogger,’ she said to my dismay.

I spent almost all mornings blogging, there are just too many good ones out there. What interesting life they all seem to have and what genuinely nice people they all seem to be! I am a junkie alright.

I am writing this entry now from home. I have decided that I will need to .. ehem, do work when I am at work. I should blog less. Resolution: I will blog not more than 7 hours per day at the office. I should not blog so much from home too, because I am only allowed one night a week to totally ‘mengabaikan rumahtangga’. That will be the night when Alias is on, or now that we are in between seasons, I have put in Lost instead. Maybe if I meleset a bit with Yamtuan tonight I can get one more night free, to be my alias, to blog.

Oh, but first, I need to check out more blogspots. Maybe there is one Blog Anonymous somewhere out there in cyberspace, a support group for junkies like me.

The weekend is here.. o-gawd, what do I do, what do I do (dah menggigil ni… )..
Imp, how could you do this to me! You’re horrible!

(She doesn’t have my address, let’s see how many blogs she will have to hop before she comes across this one, HAH!)

And Dr. Kak Teh M.D (Bangalore), I have done as per your prescription.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

OOD, do u know how difficult it is to laugh when yr nose is all blocked up and tears streaming down yr face?? Well, u just inflicted that pain on me...u so funny one lah!
Okay , another method we have not tried. Overdose yourself per blog per day...I did that with Ferraro Roche...(not a blog but chocs) and it worked.
(pssst, u want some more good blogs not on the list?)

10:19 PM  
Blogger atenah said...

remember what i said when you 1sr commented in my blog, "Sigh, another blog satu kapla that i have to visit". Hey OOD, i tried to give up, tak caya tanya kak teh, what i lasted 4 days i think. then kenot tahan, menggigil2. aiyo, at nite b4 sleeping osso think of blogs. mebbe we shld set up BA, Bloggers Anonymous

5:48 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

tenah, ..agreed - boleh dak kak teh jadi President Blog Anon? Sajalah...memandang umork, kan?
Hmmm, ni satu lagi topik yang bolh blog!

7:26 PM  
Blogger AuntyN said...

How stupid of me to think that I am the only one to use Kak Teh's blog like the Central London Underground station (ada ka stesyen camtu Kak Teh?), I am so glad I am not the only one. It is so very nice to know that when I bloh hop I see my name being mentioned as I find it here. Just give me an idea for my next title maybe.

3:04 AM  
Blogger OOD said...

Kak Teh,
you know i think maybe i should just OD myself, do a blog-marathon (until some knee of the brain go bust)!

Atenah,
if u and kak teh get treated and are free from the addiction, what is going to happen to us mere mortals? Die lah!

AuntyN,
welcome to OOD tube station. (Mind the Gap. Mind the Gap. Mind the Gap) I think it is about time Kak Teh juai her map, intricate!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

OOD & AuntyN, hehe, I quite like that Central Line thingy. BUT if you study, very2 closely some links in SOME blogs..you will see how similar they are to mine. I do get SOS messages - tolonglaj buat link...Hah! macam ni, kena start charge commission, or at least sapa-sapa lalu: kak teh - tumpang lalu no! MIND THE GAP!

7:57 PM  
Blogger OOD said...

sc,
can copy paste ye? oh, i didnt know. Macamane yek? I will try lah. Better do fast before kak teh start charging fee.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

too late! okay lah...can send you free of charge - only this time! tell me where to send and will do it pronto.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home